Monday, April 22, 2013

Our Hometowns


Here is our view of the city of Philadelphia

Drexel Hill is the community our school is located in. It sits just minutes away from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. We can even see the city from our windows!

Drexel Hill is home to about 28,000 people of many different races, religions, and cultures. In size, it’s about 3.2 sq. miles (8km sq.) large. Most residents are part of a working, middle class.

There are a few historic sites scattered around and many iconic businesses that we know and love. A lot of the students in our school live here and regularly commute via the “trolley," which has a stop right down the street from the school. The trolley tracks run throughout Drexel Hill and the surrounding towns.


Here is a picture of a trolley stop in Drexel Hill:
A movie was just filmed on the tracks shown above as well as in front of our school! (Silver Linings Playbook)


All of the surrounding towns have unique features and we all have different reasons why we like living there. If you asked us about our hometowns, most of us would tell you about   some of the beautiful scenery, friendly people, and welcoming atmosphere.
To give you an idea of what some of our hometowns look like, here is a picture of a monument in a public park in a town called Glenolden:

Quotes from group members:

"I've lived here all my life and love Drexel Hill."
- Andrew

"I live in Folcroft, Pennsylvania. It's not the most interesting place, but I like living there because I've come to know and appreciate all the people and places that make it unique."
-Mike
"Drexel Hill is a pretty nice place to live!!!!!!!!!!"
-Alli
" East Lansdowne is my true home. I couldn't see myself living anywhere else. They say home is where the heart is, and East Lansdowne sure has my heart."
-Brian

" I live in Glenolden, Pennsylvania and i'ts a nice place to live because i'ts small and you can get to know all the people.”  -Colleen
         
 We’d like to thank you all and leave you with a question.

What are your hometowns like?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silver Linings Playbook was filmed in your hometown??!! I love that movie... I'm jealous. Compared to that my city is boring.We have a mall and a couple of parks.Our school is almost in the center of the town.

    ReplyDelete